Friday, October 24, 2014

Allure Sample Society Box October 2014

Allure Sample Society is a monthly box for $15 a month. I'm told that it usually includes high end products, but this month did not have mainly high end. This is my first month subscribed to this box, and I enjoyed it! I am looking forward to next month! Each box also comes with a mini magazine that tells you all about the products in the box. You can sign up here.

Here is what was in the October 2014 box:


Estée Lauder Enlighten Dark Spot Correcting Night Serum
I am excited to try this product! I have heard great things! I hope this size is big enough to see if it really makes a difference or not though. The directions say to put it all over your face, not just in one spot. We'll see!

Bond NO. 9 Perfume in ChinaTown
I believe each person received one of three perfume choices (High Line, Chelsea Flowers, or ChinaTown). The description says Chinatown blends peach blossom with gardenia, peony, tuberose, cardamom, and spicy woods. I did not love this scent, but it isn't terrible. I'll try it out for a little bit before I make my final decision.

L'Oréal Paris Advanced Haircare Total Repair 5 Restoring Shampoo and Conditioner
This was one of the products that I was most bummed about. Allure is supposed to be higher end brands, and I got samples of a shampoo I can buy in a drugstore. I felt like this really lowered the value of the box. That being said, they are products that I will actually use. I took them on a trip with me last week, and liked them.

Emi-Jay hair ties
These are the stretchy hair bands that are supposed to not leave a crease in your hair. I've owned this hair bands from many different brands, and they leave a crease in my hair every time. I don't know if there is a trick to it, or if my hair is just stubborn. Needless to say, I put my hair up a lot, so these will be used.

Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye Mascara in Black
We saved the best for last! This is definitely the product I was most excited about in this box. I've never tried a Bobbi Brown mascara, so I am excited to try this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment